Adopting a dog is undeniably one of the most rewarding transformations which will turn the tide in your life. Canines are the most endearing of all animal species yet to embrace human lives. Owning a dog changes lives in more ways than one. This data speaks for itself which says that over 46.3 million households are proud owners of the furry friend. Similarly your house will be filled with joy in welcoming this latest addition to your family.
As always, there are certain ground rules that you need to observe while adopting a dog and these five tips will erase all doubts you harbor on raising these affectionate canines in your household.
1) Adopting a dog may come without the usual pup tantrums and playful puppies tugging at your heart. Adopting a dog could also be less irksome, but don’t count on it. Because pups can be trained and brought to your style of doing things though you could get an earful for lost shoes, neighbors’ complaints in the beginning. Nevermind, adopting a grown up dog will cause less troubles but it will be short on compatibility which is hard- pressed for the dog as it has lost out on the training part.
2) Dogs are man’s best companion. It is a lifetime of sharing and giving and your dog demands all the attention he can get without ruffling a few feathers at home. All this should not happen at the cost of your job and job changes.
3) Walking the dogs should be undertaken on a daily basis and dogs are not accessories that can be dumped as and when you feel. They have to be regarded as a family member and lots of care and attention is their birth-right. Regular visits to the Vet is mandatory and you need to shoulder this responsibility as well. Older dogs need to be taken to the Vet care a few times at least every year.
4) Dogs need cleaning and bathing regularly which is not too much to ask for. They need to be taken to pet parlours and mobile pet grooming services that are mushrooming in and around the vicinity. The grooming includes nail trimming, shampooing, conditioning and blow drying. Experienced groomers could come home for a session with the dog to brush the dog’s coat off fleas and germs.
5) Dogs cost the earth which means you need to be quite well placed financially and ready to shell out money. A visit to the Vet alone could put you back by a few hundred dollars. This asks for a sound financial health in the long run.
Dogs are fun and frolic though, adopting one is not without its share of responsibilities and might well burn a hole in one’s pocket. But all the same, dogs are the most beloved animal and adopting one will bring loads of cheer and sunshine into your life.